11. And when it is said to them, 'Do not evil in the earth,' they say, 'We do but what is right.'
12. Are not they the evildoers? and yet they do not perceive.
13. And when it is said to them, 'Believe as other men believe,' they say, 'Shall we believe as fools believe?' Are not they themselves the fools? and yet they do not know.
14. And when they meet those who believe, they say, 'We do believe;' but when they go aside with their devils, they say, 'We are with you; we were but mocking!'
15. Allah shall mock at them and let them go on in their rebellion, blindly wandering on.
16. Those who buy error for guidance, their traffic profits not, and they are not guided.
17. Their likeness is as the likeness of one who kindles a fire; and when it lights up all around, Allah goes off with their light, and leaves them in darkness that they cannot see.
18. Deafness, dumbness, blindness, and they shall not return!
19. Or like a storm-cloud from the sky, wherein is darkness and thunder and lightning; they put their fingers in their ears at the thunder-clap, for fear of death, for Allah encompasses the misbelievers.
20. The lightning well-nigh snatches off their sight, whenever it shines for them they walk therein; but when it is dark for them they halt; and if Allah willed He would go off with their hearing and their sight; verily, Allah is mighty over all.