Al-Baqarah - البقرة - The Cow (Medina)
IN the name of the merciful and compassionate Allah.
1. ALIF LAM MIM.
2. That is the book! there is no doubt therein; a guide to the pious,
3. who believe in the unseen, and are steadfast in prayer, and of what we have given them expend in alms;
4. who believe in what is revealed to thee, and what was revealed before thee, and of the hereafter they are sure.
5. These are in guidance from their Lord, and these are the prosperous.
6. Verily, those who misbelieve, it is the same to them if ye warn them or if ye warn them not, they will not believe.
7.Allah has set a seal upon their hearts and on their hearing; and on their eyes is dimness, and for them is grievous woe.
8.And there are those among men who say, 'We believe in Allah and in the last day;' but they do not believe.
9.They would deceive Allah and those who do believe; but they deceive only themselves and they do not perceive.
10.In their hearts is a sickness, and Allah has made them still more sick, and for them is grievous woe because they lied.